tagline

You never call...you never write...at least do something to let us know you're still alive!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finally!! A Te Papa Post! Temperature: 4C/39F

At long last! My first posting on the official Te Papa Blog - which, of course means - you can all look at pictures of some of the stuff I've been working on!

So for the Conservation-Curious - just click on the wee little link below:




In other news...

I didn't go snowboarding this past weekend because I thought it might be too expensive...right...except for the part where I got bored and went shopping...YIKES!


In fairness (?) I actually needed to buy a better coat - since I'm travelling with only a light summer trench coat (which does not cut it in this wind) and a very heavy snowboarding jacket (which is essentially overkill!).


I also went for a long walk around the entire harbour - which is really beautiful when the sun is shining and the temperature's not too bad =). Whilst 'oot' and 'aboot' - I saw the most ingeniously, fiendishly clever thing!


Children in inflatible hamster balls thrown out into the water on leads!!! You would not believe the entertainment value!!! (yes, I'll admit I wanted to try it myself, but alas, both too sober and too much pride....maybe next weekend...hehehe).








Here's a few piccies around Wellington harbour - part of my 'How artistic can I be on an iPhone camera?' project...

A stone sculpture outside the University of Victoria - there was no explanation, but I'm pretty sure it shows the topography of Wellington City

If I recall, these are supposed to represent the hills surrounding Wellington...at any rate, cool little pavilion near the harbour =)




And to finish off - a little panoramic video of Wellington Harbour - the first large building that I start at (the stone building) is Te Papa Museum.

Enjoy!! More to come soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment